By Diana Rickard
Read or Download Sex Offenders, Stigma, and Social Control (Critical Issues in Crime and Society) PDF
Best social psychology & interactions books
Get your means - the good way. Persuasion is the paintings of adjusting the way in which humans imagine, believe, and act by utilizing language. the entire Idiot's advisor® to Persuasion presents techniques for the readers to grasp the artwork of persuasion in a favorable demeanour. through the use of wide-spread instruments of communique, physique language, and psychology, readers can use persuasion to do great things like persuade young ones to consume their greens, girls to get annual mammograms, and to speak with no arguing.
Released in 1976, views on Cognitive Dissonance is a useful contribution to the sector of Social Psychology.
The Nineties witnessed a flurry of legislative initiatives—most particularly, “Megan’s Law”—designed to regulate a inhabitants of intercourse offenders (child abusers) broadly reviled as in poor health, evil, and incurable. In intercourse Offenders, Stigma, and Social keep watch over, Diana Rickard presents the reader with an in-depth view of six such males, exploring how they have the ability to deal with their hugely stigmatized function as social outcasts.
How Jewish responses through the Holocaust shed new mild at the dynamics of genocide and political violenceFocusing at the offerings and activities of Jews in the course of the Holocaust, usual Jews examines different styles of habit of civilians distinct via mass violence. hoping on wealthy archival fabric and thousands of survivors' stories, Evgeny Finkel provides a brand new framework for figuring out the survival concepts during which Jews engaged: cooperation and collaboration, coping and compliance, evasion, and resistance.
- Social Cognition: The Basis of Human Interaction (Frontiers of Social Psychology)
- The Logical Structure of Philosophy, Psychology, Mind and Language in Ludwig Wittgenstein and John Searle
- Narrating a Psychology of Resistance: Voices of the Compañeras in Nicaragua
- The Social Psychology of Good and Evil, Second Edition
- Social Psychological Perspectives on Stigma: Advances in Theory and Research
- Stress und Coping in der Adoleszenz: Ein Kulturvergleich von Jugendlichen in 10 europäischen Ländern (German Edition)
Extra resources for Sex Offenders, Stigma, and Social Control (Critical Issues in Crime and Society)
Sex Offenders, Stigma, and Social Control (Critical Issues in Crime and Society) by Diana Rickard