By John H. Relethford
50 nice Myths of Human Evolution makes use of universal misconceptions to discover uncomplicated concept and examine in human evolution and advance serious pondering abilities for lay readers and students.
- Examines intriguing—yet commonly misunderstood—topics, from basic rules approximately evolution and human origins to the evolution of contemporary people and up to date tendencies within the field
- Describes what fossils, archaeology, and genetics can let us know approximately human origins
- Demonstrates the ways that technological know-how adapts and alterations over the years to include new proof and higher explanations
- Includes myths corresponding to “Humans lived even as dinosaurs;” “Lucy was once so small simply because she used to be a child;” “Our ancestors have constantly made fire;” and “There is a sturdy dating among mind measurement and intelligence”
- Comprised of stand-alone essays which are ideal for informal interpreting, in addition to footnotes and references that let readers to delve extra deeply into topics
Read or Download 50 Great Myths of Human Evolution: Understanding Misconceptions about Our Origins PDF
Similar anthropology books
Sociohistorical assurance of racial, ethnic, spiritual and different groups This top-selling accomplished textual content examines racial and ethnic kinfolk within the U. S. from a sociohistorical perspective. The booklet integrates the 3 major theoretical views and the studies of greater than 50 racial, ethnic, spiritual, and different teams.
'Another international is feasible' examines the various peoples who've mobilized faith and spirituality to forge identification. a few declare direct hyperlinks to indigenous non secular practices; others have appropriated externally brought religions, editing those with indigenous views and practices. The voices of Black humans from worldwide are offered in essays starting from the Indian subcontinent, Japan and Australia to Africa, the united kingdom and the us.
This insightful booklet introduces an important developments, humans, occasions, and items of pop culture in Latin the United States and the Caribbean. • Explores arguable matters like censorship, gender, cultural imperialism, and globalization• allows cross-cultural comparisons among Latin the United States, the Caribbean, and the USA• permits easy access to parts of curiosity via well-organized entries and invaluable subject introductions• includes a dialogue at the effect of recent technologies—the net, social media, and video games—in Latin American cultures• offers great citations and references on each one component to pop culture
This can be the 3rd quantity of the 1st of the yr annual sequence. members similar to Armond White, Philip Levine, Charles O'Brien, Uri Avnery, Donna Gaines, Tom Smucker, Scott Spencer, and Amiri Baraka are again (and fractious as ever). And First's relations of writers retains turning out to be. This quantity comprises very important new voices reminiscent of A.
- Transforming Ethnographic Knowledge
- Mexico’s Mandarins: Crafting a Power Elite for the Twenty-First Century
- Konsum und Suffizienz: Eine empirische Untersuchung privater Haushalte in Deutschland (German Edition)
- Authenticity in Architectural Heritage Conservation: Discourses, Opinions, Experiences in Europe, South and East Asia (Transcultural Research – Heidelberg ... on Asia and Europe in a Global Context)
- The Work-Family Interface: An Introduction (Contemporary Family Perspectives (CFP))
- Toward a Sociology of the Trace
Additional resources for 50 Great Myths of Human Evolution: Understanding Misconceptions about Our Origins
50 Great Myths of Human Evolution: Understanding Misconceptions about Our Origins by John H. Relethford