By Ullrich Kockel,Máiréad Nic Craith,Jonas Frykman
- Provides an authoritative consultant for researchers, teachers and scholars of anthropology and eu studies
- Discusses vital rising tendencies during this broadening box of research
- Includes validated names and emerging stars who will form the self-discipline in years to come
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Anthropology of Europe (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Sociohistorical insurance of racial, ethnic, spiritual and different groups This top-selling finished textual content examines racial and ethnic family members within the U. S. from a sociohistorical perspective. The publication integrates the 3 major theoretical views and the reviews of greater than 50 racial, ethnic, spiritual, and different teams.
'Another global is feasible' examines the numerous peoples who've mobilized faith and spirituality to forge id. a few declare direct hyperlinks to indigenous religious practices; others have appropriated externally brought religions, editing those with indigenous views and practices. The voices of Black humans from worldwide are provided in essays starting from the Indian subcontinent, Japan and Australia to Africa, the united kingdom and the united states.
This insightful e-book introduces crucial tendencies, humans, occasions, and items of pop culture in Latin the US and the Caribbean. • Explores arguable matters like censorship, gender, cultural imperialism, and globalization• makes it possible for cross-cultural comparisons among Latin the USA, the Caribbean, and the us• allows easy accessibility to components of curiosity via well-organized entries and useful subject introductions• contains a dialogue at the effect of contemporary technologies—the web, social media, and video games—in Latin American cultures• offers immense citations and references on each one portion of pop culture
This can be the 3rd quantity of the 1st of the yr annual sequence. members akin to Armond White, Philip Levine, Charles O'Brien, Uri Avnery, Donna Gaines, Tom Smucker, Scott Spencer, and Amiri Baraka are again (and fractious as ever). And First's relatives of writers retains starting to be. This quantity comprises very important new voices comparable to A.
- A Collection of Essays on Spiritualism
- What's Become of Cultural Studies?
- Medical Anthropology in Ecological Perspective
- Post-Communist Aesthetics: Revolutions, capitalism, violence (Popular Culture and World Politics)
- Negotiating Ethnicity: Second-Generation South Asians Traverse a Transnational World
Extra resources for A Companion to the Anthropology of Europe (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to the Anthropology of Europe (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by Ullrich Kockel,Máiréad Nic Craith,Jonas Frykman